31 August 2015

I'M PLAYING AT DRAGONCON!!

Photo by Jim Worley


Y'ALL. Excite.

I'm booked to perform on the [filk track] at [DragonCon 2015]!!

If you're going to the con, you can keep track of me or get more info on my solo shows with this [Facebook event - Metricula at DragonCon 2015]! That way I want be spamming my feed with too-too many things. :)

Also, I got interviewed by Andrew McKee on the [Everything is Filk] track lead-up podcast. It was a blast!!

Ooh, and I got a few hundred of the sweet, sweet promotional wristbands with "free geek music at metricula.com" printed on them. Find me at the con to get one for you and one for a friend! Or another one for your other wrist!


So, my schedule:

Filk Track Events I'm Definitely Going To
This is stuff I plan to be physically at. The bolded events are my solo sets, and the stuff with asterisks are events where I will be in character for sure!

Friday
  • 1pm, Hyatt Baker - What is Filk?
  • *2:30pm, Hyatt Baker - Filk Meet and Greet
  • 5:30pm, Hyatt Baker - Filk and Cookies
  • *12am, Hyatt Hanover C-E - Metricula's Filthy, Adults-Only Midnight Campfire Sing-a-long (NC-17)
  • End of performer sets until, Hyatt Baker - Open filking

Saturday
  • 2:30pm, Hyatt Baker - Instafilk!
  • *7pm, Hyatt Hanover C-E - Nerd-a-longs with Metricula (PG-13 or safer)
  • End of performer sets until, Hyatt Baker - Open filking

Sunday
  • 2:30pm, Hyatt Baker - Instafilk Part Two!
  • End of performer sets until, Hyatt Baker - Open filking

Monday
  • 11:30am, Hyatt Baker - Filk for the Road and Lessons Learned


Other than these, I'm planning to be at as many of the track events as possible--especially the shows! I'm also particularly excited about Andrew McKee's mixing and master primer workshops.

If you use the Dragon Con App, my profile is publicly searchable as "Madison Metricula". Let me know what you must-see events are!

No comments: